TELCOTV CONFERENCE & EXPO, LAS VEGAS – OCTOBER 24, 2012 – Enhanced Telecommunications, Inc. (dba ETI Software Solutions, www.etisoftware.superiorux.com) is taking the lead in the race to provide subscriber authentication, registration and authorization by introducing TV.ID, a real-time platform to quickly and cost-effectively support OTT video services. The first deployment will be for long-time customer Cincinnati Bell.
A challenge faced by many video service providers is to deliver OTT content to their subscribers via mobile devices, tablets and laptops without costly integrations between their B/OSS and the content providers; TV.ID solves this challenge.
ETI now offers video service providers an easy-to-implement solution to securely and quickly support Over-the-Top (OTT) streaming authentication and TV everywhere.
TV.ID provides cloud-based authentication services to content providers such as HBO, Fox, ESPN, Turner and many more. This real-time integration validates for the content provider that the subscriber is authorized to view their content delivered OTT.
With TV.ID customers have multiple options for accessing OTT content:
• Native Login: Subscribers can navigate directly to the OTT website (HBO GO, Watch ESPN, NBCU, Fox News, etc.) and choose the service provider and log in.
• TV.ID Custom Portal: It provides an OTT website branded with the service provider’s logo and color scheme. After login, subscribers can select from all available OTT content providers without logging in again.
Since supporting OTT services may require integration with existing subscriber portals, service providers can choose from three different models for granting access to subscribers:
• Stand-alone: The login database is a stand-alone separate system that provides access only to TV.ID’s OTT content
• Shared credentials: The login and password are shared with another system already in place at the service provider’s premise. Access to each application requires a separate login.
• SSO: Single sign on, where the subscriber can log into TV.ID or any of the service providers other services and have access to all applications from the single login instance.
“Delivery of video services to non-set top devices is becoming an industry must-have. Our customers asked for a pre-integrated solution to support OTT services, and we delivered.” said Pete Pifer, Chairman and CEO of ETI Software Solutions. “The future for our TV.ID product is to provide registration and authorization to our customers who are in the position to deliver all video services to any device anywhere their customer wishes to view them.”
For more information about TV.ID and ETI, please stop by Booth 425 at the TelcoTV Conference, call 800.332.1078 or visit www.etisoftware.superiorux.com